University events are among the biggest jobs we produce and deliver. To insure quality and timeliness of each event, we develop a Production Schedule for each job, so that no detail is overlooked. A university event such as commencement or homecoming is in the planning stage 6 to 12 months prior to the day of the event. Planning takes into consideration staffing, material handling, trucking, subcontracting, and site attendants, just to name a few. We produce between 25 and 30 such events per year.
Check out the process from start to finish for one of the May graduation events at this Central PA School. The scope of work for this event included:
- Outdoor Setup – in a grassy area known as the Quad (delivered Wednesday & Thursday)
- stage cover – Gable end tent with 15′ legs in front (2400 SF)
- sound system to cover 700′ x 450′ area with redundancy
- 2 large, raised viewing platforms with ramps and railing – ADA compliant
- 1300 ft. of 10′ wide walkways on grass
- 2 sets of bleachers
- 6500 white chairs, lined and installed
- 3 small tents for music, sound and video production
- Weather Plan – indoors (delivered Tuesday)
And when it is all done, you end up with this!
Whether you are planning an event for 30, 300, or 3000, Event Central can help you design, plan, and install the job… on-time, every time.